Our Foundation work begins to gather pace and this week is no different as we are proud to announce the launch of our very first free cancer care project in conjunction with Clatterbridge Hospital and the Macmillan Cancer Team.
Funding was secured last year via the Your Wirral Fund and our first 6 week block of exercise provision for patients will begin on Tuesday 25th April between 2 and 3pm.
Coach Holly, who last month attended a Level 4 Cancer Exercise Referral Course, will be leading the delivery of the project which is designed to offer structured exercise sessions to individuals and groups of referred (individual, or GP) to improve their health and well being whilst combatting post cancer fatigue.
In addition, the project will do the following :-
- Offer a bespoke training programme tailored to meet the needs of each individual cancer patient,
- Develop a nutrition plan to enable the patient to adopt a healthier diet to improve their overall health and well being.
- Remove stigma by empowering individuals with the skills and knowledge to improve their health and well being they can utilise once they exit our programme.
- Create a positive, supportive environment to remove barriers that prevent people from cancer getting the help and support they need.
- Improve mental health issues (anxiety and depression) and reduce isolation and fragmentation that patients face.
- Create a receptive and flexible project and service that will respond to the needs of its users.
- Develop partnership work to build stronger communities and create community identity and resilience with issues they face.
- Signpost to other agencies that will improve their employment skills and opportunities, (for example volunteering, HE and FE opportunities, or for them to gain qualifications and experience to assist with employment and training).
Anyone recovering from breast cancer is welcome to attend, but places are limited and restricted to a first come, first served basis.
For more information please email Tony Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org